*Japanese planner books shown.
This product has sold out. There will be no restock.
STORE CLOSING: To prepare for the release of our 2015 edition Hobonichi Planner and all-new cover lineup, the current Hobonichi Store will be CLOSING on August 19th, 11 AM Japan time (2 AM GMT, August 18 at 7 PM PDT) and sales of current 2014 products will end. Our announcement to reveal the new planners and covers will take place at the end of August. The 2015 Hobonichi Store will go online on September 1st, 11 AM Japan time (2 AM GMT, August 31 at 7 PM PDT).
This Italian-made cow leather cover makes its return after a successful run in our 2012 lineup. The leather is vegetable-tanned by an Italian tanner, with a minimal amount of dye. You can enjoy the colors of the superior-quality leather as it gradually turns a deep amber and matures over time. Our leather covers do not contain the HOBO logo tag, and instead are engraved with “HOBONICHI 2014” on the bottom right inside the cover.
- Cover Only Important information
- 8,743 yen(incl. tax, excl. shipping)
- Will ship in 1-3 business days
- Hobonichi Planner Important information
- 2,571 yen(incl. tax, excl. shipping)
- Hobonichi Planner book
- Will ship in 1-3 business days
|Size (Cover + Book Set)||Width: 115mm (excluding butterfly clasp) x Height: 165mm x Thickness: 22mm|
|Size||A6 (Japanese paperback)（Width: 105mm x Height: 149mm x Thickness: 14mm)|
|Pages||Yearly calendar (2014-2015) / Yearly index (Dec. 2013 - Mar.2015) / Monthly calendar (Dec. 2013 - Mar. 2015) / Daily pages (Dec.1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2014) / Memo sheets / Informational pages|
- Colors on the screen may differ from actual product
- Actual products are featured in all posted photographs, but please note that colors may vary slightly from how it appears on your computer monitor.
- All covers are hand-made and may contain slight variances
- Each and every cover is individually sewn by a factory worker hand-operating a sewing machine. Best efforts are made to ensure consistent sizes and specifications, but as these products are hand-made, covers are not made as exact copies.
- Leather covers may contain wrinkles and marks
- In order to allow customers the enjoyment of all-natural leather, the leather is processed in a way that retains its original feel.
This may leave imperfections visible on the surface of the cover, such as wrinkles, scratches, stains, or vein marks.
Depending on the conditions in which the cover is used, natural oils of the leather may emerge and appear as wrinkles.
We ask for your understanding for these naturally-occurring characteristics of genuine leather.
- Enjoy the aging of the natural, dye-free leather
- Daily use of the cover eventually breaks in the tanned cow leather by exposure to elements such as UV rays, heat from sunlight, and oils from your hands. This leather turns a shade of deep amber, so no dye is used in order to allow users to enjoy this unique process.
Some wrinkles, scratches, stains or vein marks may be visible upon initial use, but these will fade as the color of the leather deepens.
- If your cover gets wet
- Immediately dab your cover with a dry cloth if it gets wet.
Avoid drying it with high temperatures, and place it in a well-ventilated place in the shade.
- Avoid storing in hot and humid places
- Please avoid storing your cover in hot, humid places or placing it on potentially adhesive substances for long periods of time as this may result in lower product quality and color stains.
Please use caution when storing.
- Caring for your leather cover
- These covers are very delicate, so please use caution when maintaining them.
Gently wiping your cover with a soft, dry cloth occasionally will be sufficient. For removing stains and other
routine care to extend the life of your leather, we recommendusing the Leather Care Kit available in the Hobonichi Store.
Hobonichi has partnered with R&D Co., Ltd. to provide customers with critically-acclaimed leather care products.
- Cover on Cover
- The PVC plastic of the Cover on Cover contains plasticizer additives which may cause a reaction in the leather dye and affect the color and quality of the leather cover.
Please refrain from using the Cover on Cover with this product.
- New covers are slightly rigid before use
- Depending on the material of your cover, it may be slightly rigid upon arrival. You may have a slightly difficult time inserting your planner or closing the cover, but when you use the cover as usual, it will naturally break in and grow comfortable over time.
- Light-colored covers show smudges more easily
- While some covers are water-repellent, smudges and marks are unavoidable from using the cover on a daily basis.
Smudges show up more easily on light-colored covers, so please keep this in mind when placing your order.
- Inserting your planner into your cover
- When inserting your planner book into your cover, it will be easier to begin by sliding the left side of the book
into the left pocket, and then inserting the right side.
- Pen holder (“butterfly clasp”)
- Hobonichi Techo covers come with pen holders that keep the pages shut. This holder may be rigid upon
initial use, making pen insertion slightly difficult, but kneading the pen holder open will make it easier to use.
Depending on the material of the cover, pens with rubber grips may be difficult to slide into the holder.
- Using fountain pens
- Writing on the planner’s Tomoe River paper with a fountain pen may result in ink bleeds or transfers from wet ink.
When using water-based inks, we recommend testing the pen on an inconspicuous place in the book before using.